Breakfast is the most important meal of the day . It is therefore out of the question to zap! Food is our fuel … To have a good day, we must start by eating well.
Many of you ask me what to eat in the morning. I propose you a recipe that will cover all the nutritional contributions you need. Here we go for a hyper protein and ultra-vitamin breakfast !
NUTRITIONAL INTAKE OF BREAKFAST
According to my modest researches, the breakfast must cover 30% of the daily nutritional contributions. This represents about 560Kcal for women, and 630Kcal for men. Roughly, one can summarize things as follows:
- “Simple” carbohydrates: fast sugars will give you instant energy, so they are very important in the morning, especially after a hard night.
- Starchy foods: Slow sugars will take over after simple carbs to “spread” energy all morning.
- Protein: According to some studies, a protein breakfast could be full and fit longer.
- Hydration: this is the first thing to do in the morning: drink water. This will allow you to fill the minerals it contains and which are essential to us.
If you think an ultra-nutritious breakfast will make you gain weight, you’ve got it all wrong. Indeed, the more you eat in the morning, the more you will be satisfied throughout the day. What’s more, if you select good real foods , you have (almost) no worries to make you side weight!
THE CASE OF THE SMOOTHIE BOWL
Even more nourishing than the smoothie, let me introduce you to the smoothie bowl. It’s like the name suggests, a smoothie in a bowl … but not any smoothie, no. This is a smoothie with superfoods to boost your energy! The smoothie bowl is infinitely customizable, according to your tastes and needs.
The base (protein): mix
- 125 g of flavoured soy yogurt to your taste (blueberry, raspberry, vanilla …)
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon cashews and agave syrup to your taste.
- 1 banana (or + if you have a bigger appetite than me) cut in slices
The topping (carbohydrates and cereals)
- Complement your smoothie bowl base with one or two servings of fruits (banana, blueberries, raspberries),
- A portion of buckwheat flakes (rice, millet, oats … prefer whole grains)
- And finally, superfoods (cranberries, goji, sesame seeds, squash seeds, pistachios, nuts …).
You get a smoothie bowl full of energy and ultra greedy!
Base: blueberry soy yogurt, banana, cashew nut puree, hemp seeds (opt.). Topping: chia seeds, gluten-free muesli, blackberries.