Also in the context of the eco challenge ” Towards an eco-ethical and minimalist cuisine “, I propose a meal idea that I wanted both very simple but also very interesting from a nutritional point of view .
4 ingredients is all you need for this salad that gives you (almost) everything you need to regain strength. A light salad but no less nourishing . A salad that costs almost nothing and takes 2 minutes to prepare. One of my favorite salads, a minimalist salad with chicory.
- 2 small endives or 1 big
- 125 g herbal tofu or any other cooked tofu
- 6 tbsp chickpeas
- 1 big handful of squash seeds
- 1 big handful of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Tamari soy sauce without gluten
- Grill squash seeds in the oven for 5 minutes (optional)
- Cut endive, tofu and mix with chickpeas.
- Prepare the sauce, mix the mustard and the rapeseed oil, then add the soy sauce and continue to mix.
- Remove the squash seeds from the oven and add them to the salad. Sauce at your convenience.
- Salt and pepper if necessary.
- Choose tofu cooked: herbs, smoked, rosso, almonds … And especially no natural tofu, or so macerate beforehand in oil and spices (otherwise it will have no taste).
- Be careful with soy sauce, they are not all gluten free.
I already proposed a variant of this salad here , but I wanted to come back on this endive salad because I love it. It is customizable and I think it is a great way to show that a vegan meal is very affordable, and at all levels. The ingredients are few and easy to find, while being very nutritious, they are also inexpensive and the salad is ready in 2 minutes.
What I like most about this salad is its minimalist side!
You can completely customize this salad according to your preferences by relying on this base:
- Endives + Tofu: choose any tofu cooked …
- Another legume: lentils, chickpeas …
- One or two oilseeds: squash seeds, sesame, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts …
For a complete salad:
- A green vegetable: avocado, broccoli, spinach …
- A cereal: quinoa, polenta …
Personally, I eat green vegetables in the morning in my smoothie or at the meal in the evening with a cereal, but you can quite add to this salad.
Do not hesitate to opt for another vegetable base that endives depending on the season!
I hope you enjoyed this minimalist salad!