Good sexual and reproductive health is a general state of physical, mental and social well-being in all aspects related to the reproductive system. This is what the World Health Organization (WHO) points out. It also entails the ability to enjoy a satisfying and risk-free sex life. Also to procreate, to have freedom to decide to do it or not, when and how often.
In general, a healthy life is achieved through habits that always lead to your physical , mental and emotional well-being . And for this reason, sexuality is an integral part of a good quality of life . Sexuality is a central aspect of the human being throughout his life and includes sex, identities and gender roles, orientation or sexual preference, eroticism, pleasure, intimacy and reproduction.
To maintain sexual and reproductive health, people need:
- Have access to quality information.
- Access also to contraceptive methods of your choice. And that these are safe, affordable and effective.
- They must be informed and easily able to protect themselves from sexually transmitted infections.
- When they decide to have children, women must have access to services that help them have an adequate pregnancy, a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR SEXUAL HEALTH
To improve and maintain good sexual health, there are several factors that we must take into account. Some of the most important would be the following:
- Exercise regularly
- Have a healthy diet
- No Smoking
- Do not engage in risky behavior
- Manage our emotions and stress well
- Avoid harmful or toxic relationships
- Have good information and sex education