Good nutrition and physical activity are the pillars of a healthy lifestyle. But are not the only ones. Avoid accidents, reduce the risk of noncommunicable diseases, and avoid the spread of those that are not part of the actions to have a good quality of life, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
In the framework of the world conference “Promoting Health in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG): Health for all and all for health”, held in Shanghai (China) late last year, WHO released a poster with 12 tips to enjoy good health.
From the international body point out that health is one of the pillars of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, so promoting it is essential to achieve the goals set in less than 15 years. “Promoting health is about empowering people, communities and societies and giving them the means to take care of their health and their quality of life,” they say.
Here, the 12 tips:
- Follow a healthy diet
- Stay physically active, daily and each in your own way
- Get vaccinated
- Do not use tobacco in any of its forms
- Avoid alcohol consumption or reduce it
- Manage stress for better physical and mental health
- Maintain good hygiene
- Do not drive at excessive speed or under the influence of alcohol
- Fasten seatbelt in the car and put on a helmet when riding a bicycle
- Maintain safe sexual practices
- Undergo periodic medical examinations
- Breastfeeding babies: it’s best for them